Re: need a "Swiss Army Knife" rescue disk

On 19 Nov 2005, mikepolniak wrote:
> I have used the Debian install cd as a rescue disk and in the past also
> the 'BBC-business-card', 'System-Rescue-cd' and Knoppix.
>
> Knoppix is OK for Debian rescue but a big d/l and the others seem a
> little outdated. I need one that includes iproute, rsync, LVM and grub.
>
> Has anyone come across an up-to-date cd rescue disk that is small in size
> and has all the essential admin and Debian tools in their latest versions?

Worth noting that the most recent versions of both Knoppix and Ubuntu,
being Debian-based, contain the Unstable version of hotplug that causes
my wireless card (and probably others) to stop working.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian