Re: Linux crashing often

Maybe it is just xwindows server or some graphical aplication that freez
dispaly manager. You can try some of this:
CTRL+ALT+BACKSPASE   - this will kill display manager.
CTRL+ALT+F1  -this will switch you to terminal console, where you can
login and diagnostic problem.
See /var/log/SFree86.0.log if you find some arror there.
$df    -will show you mounted disks, try to cd to some directory if it's
accesible.
Mayby you run some aplication that freez. Try to find out whitch
aplication can it be.
   Dexter