Re: [Gnome] Error pop-up: there's already a gnome-panel

On 11/19/05, belbo <andrea.ballatore@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've got an error pop-up during gnome startup: "there's already a gnome-panel".
> My gnome desktop has 2 gnome-panel, but I've noticed that the process is only one.
> I've tried to fix it with gnome-session-properties, but I didn't find any
> solution. There are probably 2 gnome-panel entries, one right and one wrong, but
> where?
>
> What can I do? Which files can I look at?

The file in question is ~/.gnome2/session

You will need to look for a line like this:

1,Program=gnome-panel

You will probably have two of thos lines. Notice the number 1 at the
start of the line. If you have another gnome-panel line, it will have
another number.

What you need to do is delete the line with the larger number *and*
every line below it that startes with the same number.

--
B. L. Jilek 52597432                |  ICQ: 83785391
bljilek@yahoo.com                  |  Yahoo & GMail: bljilek