Re: unable to bring up eth0

Fred J. schrieb:
after changeling the file /etc/network/interfaces, I was able to bring up the downed eth* but why the relative dhcp package did not do this like it did with the up eth* on boot-up time?
my /etc/network/interfaces now looks like this
  auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.101
        netmask 255.255.255.0
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

Hello,

are both interfaces in the same network? If not, maybe something with the DHCP-Server connected to your eth0 is wrong?
Are other DHCP-Clients in the same network running properly?

Regards
Mirco

--
Mirco Sippel                          ,= ,-_-. =.  running on
email: msippel@mirsip.de             (( /)0 0(\_))   Debian