Apache PHP HTTP Timeout ?

Hi NG,

I have my own apache server 2.0.54 running with php 4.3.10 on debian
sarge.

I got a little logical problem here about http requests.

I have written a small php script which waits for 360 seconds. Every
second it appends the seconds to a file.

I expected a timeout after 300 seconds, because apache is configured
like that. But until now it doesn't matter. I can wait for more than 5
minutes and the script finishes i see the result page.

One php group user said, that it is configurable over the directive
max-execution-time
in php.ini. BUT this one is set to 30 seconds. The timeout directive in
httpd.conf is 300 seconds.

One apache group user said, that maybe the max-execution-time of
php.ini maybe only applies to CPU time (non-sleeping).?

Anotherone said, that I am not using the right php.ini. But in
phpinfo(); it's:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc/php4/apache2/php.ini

And that's the php.ini i am working with.

How I can prevent scripts of running endless??? Which parts are
responsible? Does my script stop on your installations?

Here the code:

<?php

        // All print functions do not show up on the screen until it is
finished
        print 'Now we wait<br>';

        for($i = 1; $i <= 360; ++$i) {
                sleep(1);