Re: how to regress to stable

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 00:25:45 -0500
Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 07:45:49PM -0800, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> > I've been using etch/testing on my laptop since the change over..
> >
> > I would like to know of an easy way, short of a re-install, to
> > revert back to stable.
>
> There are no good ones, and Sarge is really very easy to install.
> Bite the bullet.

Finally got the re-install working. But something is amiss in the land.

here's my sources.list;

# Debian
deb http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ stable main

# K3B
deb http://www.planet-moll.de/debian/ sarge main
deb http://mail.sinetsrl.it/~gianluca/athlon-xp/ testing main

# unofficial packages by Christian Marillat:
# acroread, mplayer & friends, realplayer, others.
# see http://hpisi.nerim.net
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main
# Tovid binaries
deb http://packages.kirya.net unstable main contrib non-free

When I try to install transcode, I get this error message;

transcode:
 Depends: libavcodeccvs but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libgcc1 (>=1:4.0.0-7) but 1:3.4.3-13 is to be installed

any ideas?

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>