Re: speaker bell in konsole

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 02:50:12PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> I use konsole with fvwm.
>
> Bell is set to "system bell" but no PC speaker beep is produced.
>
> Xterm does.
>
> Does Konsole enable the PC speaker as bell sound?

I'm not using konsole/kde, so this may be utter nonsense...
Anyway, I'd suspect there's some kde-specific volume setting for the
system bell used by konsole -- have you made sure that's >0 ?
You probably know better than I which config dialog would let you
adjust that setting.  In case of doubt I'd do a recursive grep in
~/.kde/ for "Volume"... and then something like "vi k*bellrc" ;)

Cheers,
Almut