Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2005 #2713

Ueli Meier wrote:
>>On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 06:17:17PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
>>
>>I use Debian, but I'm a professional system administrator.  I (and
>>apparently the Debian leaders) see value in Ubuntu, Progeny, and the rest as
>>alternatives for people who DON'T want to spend years educating themselves
>>before using their computers.  I've read that one of the original goals of
>>the Debian project was to be the core of other, more specialized distros.
>

> Do you recommend Debian to someone who has little experiecce with linux?

I personally wouldn't. I'd ssy start small and work your way up. :-)
Stick with something Debian based though (there are quite a few of them,
several are rather obscure) .  APT is unbeatable and in the case of
newbies, Synaptic is the best GUI for package management out there.

--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com