Re: GUI

Thank you Mike,

In fact I want to see if I can start linux without starting the GUI. Instead want to start the GUI by typing startx.

Thank you.

On 11/10/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
new to linux wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm new to linux. I installed debian ver 3.1. When finished the
> installation, debian started automatically in GUI. What I have to do so that
> not to start the GUI automatically?
>  Thank you,
>  New to linux

In addition to the use of CTRL-ALT-F1 etc. you can start a "terminal"
window. I prefer command-line as well, but use the window manager
to manage multiple windows with command-line in them.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.