Re: Debian sid and udev problem.[SOLVED]

On Thursday 10 November 2005 11:49 pm, Justin Guerin wrote:

> ../hotplug.rules isn't a directory, it's a file that's supposed to be
> installed by udev.  It seems that udev version 0.056-3 doesn't contain that
> file, and 0.074-2 expects it to be there.  It may have been introduced by
> an intermediate version of udev, but the package doesn't account for you
> upgrading from a version where that file didn't exist.
>
> You should probably file a bug against the udev package.  Use the reportbug
> package; it will make things easy.
>
> For what it's worth, I just upgraded udev from 0.070 to 0.074-2, and I did
> not get that error.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Justin Guerin

I don't think I need to, I misiniterpreted the error messege, and it was the
rules.d directory that was missing, which I had moved from a previous errror
message to /root for testing. Moved the rules.d directory back, and
everything worked fine. Sorry about that, it was entirely my mistake.

Jon