Re: files became readonly!!

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Johan Ask wrote:

> Maybe i was to quick to ask the list... I rebooted and it told me to manally
> run fsck. I did and know it works properly...
> But i still want to know the cause...

i've seen this "bug" on other distro too ..

- for us, if you remove terabytes of files on reiserfs, ext3
  there's some chance that the systemw ill remount itself "ro"
	but than again, it also went ro mode once for 20GB fs too
	on different older boxes ( k6-450 w/ slackware w/ reiserfs )

	- no magic formula for debugging

- reboot the box and its all happy again, or sometimes,
  the whole 4TB partition needs to be reformated ( courtesy of dell )

- latest ext3 utils, or latest reiserfs and latest kernels
  at the time ( 2.4.30/31 or 2.6.12/13 series )

- the "ro" problem is not distro related ...

- since it's not recreatable .. oh well ..
  backup.. backup .. backup .. if the data is important

c ya
alvin