Re: Adding Debian to Suse Box

Sergio Cuéllar Valdés wrote:
2005/11/10, Thomas S. Atkins <tatkins@aug.com>:

All,

I have Suse 10.0 booting with GRUB and want to add Debian on another drive.
I have my box set up to boot from a CD, I burned the Debian CD from the
on-line site, but when I restart my PC it starts to boot from the CD and
then the GRUB takes over an I am in Suse. Is there something I am doing
wrong?

Tom Atkins

Does it really start booting from the CD ?? Do you see the Debian
installer screen ?

Have you fixed the BIOS to boot from the CD ??

--
"Meine Hoffnung soll mich leiten
Durch die Tage ohne Dich

It's very possible it doesn't like the disc you burned. Check the md5-sum as well as possibly trying a different brand. CD-RW discs caused this symptom on a lot of drives at one time.

With Congress, every time they make a joke it's a law; and every time
they make a law it's a joke.
		-- Will Rogers

Thursday Nov 10, 2005

begin:vcard
fn:Jay Zach
n:Zach;Jay
org:CBI;IS
adr;dom:;;1500 N. Ritter;Indianapolis;IN
email;internet:jayzach@verizon.net
title:NT Administrator
tel;work:(317) 355
tel;cell:(317) 339-3525