Re: /dev/ files

On Thursday 10 November 2005 00:32, Paras pradhan wrote:
>yes i need.... scsi emulation of cd drives need /dev/scd0 , sr0 which
>is not present now..and my cdrecorder is not working.
>
>what sud i do?

Generally speaking, cd and dvd drives have had full, including
writing, support, within the regular ide/atapi drivers for quite some
time.  My dvd writer is addressed at /dev/cdrom, which is a link to
/dev/hdc on this box.

# ls -l /dev/cdrom
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root root 8 Jun 27  2004 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc

And k3b works just fine.  But then I'm on an older FC2 box and do not
use the udev facility, so if you are...