Re: cannot get into X - after testing dist-upgrade 11-03-05

> IIRC, you said earlier that you can log into Gnome without this problem.
> So simply log into Gnome (or into console) to create your new user.
>
> I just saw another thread on the list that may be relevant: "keyboard
>
> quit working after kde upgrade, testing". Mike Chandler writes:
> >The problem is solve by doing:
> >
> >#apt-get remove --purge kdm
> >#apt-get install kdm
>
> You might want to look at that thread to see if it's the same problem
> you're seeing.
>
> --
> Kent
Thanks Kent, you've been very helpful.

It would go into gnome, but I couldn't create a new user there for some
reason. So I just searched around and around till I found that KDM bit, which
fixed the problem. That was me posting that thread, by the way.