Publicaly used Debian box

I'm setting up few computers in a multimedia center wich will be available for everybody to use.
I'm using KDE desktop on Debian.
Most of the time the computers will be used to surf on internet, for which I want to set up an anonymous account with little rights, but I still want the users to be able to use KDE, run other programs, so that they can get used of KDE and Linux. Some of the users will have their own accounts with some hard disk space to save their files.

Does anybody have some experiences in setting up this kind of environment? As far as I know the normal user cannot compromise the system, but is there something that I should take care of? Maybe squtch off some program? Hide some file?
Can you recomend some software for monitoring the usage of this computers.

Links would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mitja