Re: Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
Advanced implies being closer to some destination.  I don't know if
everyone agrees on what that destination is.  Features or complexity is
not a sign of being advanced.

If your goal is video editing, Solaris is not as advanced as other
operating systems.

Excellent answer!!!

Solaris is great at what it is designed for, and Sun's moves toward open
source should be embraced.

What is it designed for exactly?

When I used it extensively there were two areas which they targeted:

workstations
high availability apps (like banks and telecom)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.