Re: kdeaddons install dependency problem (etch)
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: kdeaddons install dependency problem (etch)
- From: "Hans van Zijst" <HZI@Syncera.NL>
- Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:41:44 +0100
- Message-id: <s36f91e5.021@SRV-POSTIX-DFT>
I think we have the same problem. My "testing" installation has been running just fine for over half a year until I ran the usual apt-get update && apt-get upgrade today. I got a whole lot of KDE related updates and my problem seems to be there.
KDM runs fine, so the problem's not in X. But logging in as a normal user, I get redirected back to the login screen every time. I tried shutting down kdm and starting X manually. If I do that as root, there's no problem, but when using a normal user account, I get my command prompt back. Again, no errors in my X log.
The problem seems to be in the upgraded KDE, but I don't know where to look.