Re: kdeaddons install dependency problem (etch)

Hi,

I think we have the same problem. My "testing" installation has been running just fine for over half a year until I ran the usual apt-get update && apt-get upgrade today. I got a whole lot of KDE related updates and my problem seems to be there.

KDM runs fine, so the problem's not in X. But logging in as a normal user, I get redirected back to the login screen every time. I tried shutting down kdm and starting X manually. If I do that as root, there's no problem, but when using a normal user account, I get my command prompt back. Again, no errors in my X log.

The problem seems to be in the upgraded KDE, but I don't know where to look.

Greetings,

Hans