Re: how to close the nxclient session properly

Justin Guerin wrote:

On Friday 28 October 2005 17:15, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
However if I do the following then the keyboard shortcuts are not
working.

On the machine running nxclient, Go to the command line prompt
open an X server by doing
 X :1 &
Now start nxclient in this
 DISPLAY=:1 nxclient &

It opens the nxclient session in :1 (ctrl-alt-F8) and the keyboard
shortcuts does not work there. What am I missing in this method?

raju

I have no idea, but since you're not using any kind of window manager, that could be the cause of the problem. Have you tried this scenario using twm or something equally lightweight? Perhaps you can use the KDE menu option Switch User -> Start New Session to start a twm (or even failsafe) session, launch nxclient from there, and then maybe your key bindings will work.
Thanks. I will try it later.

Out of curiosity, do the Ctrl-Alt-function key get you from display 1 to 0?

Yes. Ctrl-Alt function keys work fine.

I'm not sure how X key bindings are set up, but my guess is you'll have to have some kind of window manager running in order to interrupt the special NX key combinations. You may want to start a new thread with this type of question.
Currently running nxclient from an already existing kde session works perfectly. So I guess I will postpone this issue to a later point of time when I have more free time at hand. Your suggestions have been very helpful so far. Thanks very much.

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi