Re: Best way to copy a video dvd

On 17:32, Sat 05 Nov 05, David E. Fox wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:25:40 -0800
> "David E. Fox" <dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > going to give it a try soon, see how it performs vs. dvd shrink.
>
> later ran k9copy on a test disk that I just did a copy of with
> dvdshrink - worked extremely well, although k9copy + vamps tend to suck
> a lot of CPU on my athlon tbird.
>
> looks like it'll be the preferred method as soon as my next copy
> session starts - have to wait again for missing netflix disc :()..
>
> --
> David E. Fox                              Thanks for letting me
> dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
> dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.

You might want to be a little more carefull in your choice
of subjects, as this is a public list, and the MPAA is
cracking down. In other words instead of using copy, use
backup, and you might not want to mention netfix, and copy
in the same sentence.

Now saying that I don't know just how well versed you are in
using Open Source tools. But you might want to read up on
some knowledge.  I will provide a few links that you might
find useful.

http://www.bunkus.org/dvdripping4linux/en/single/index.html
http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/dvdauthor_howto.php
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

Of course this is only some, and might be a little out
dated, but most programs use growisofs and might have a gui
on top of it such as k3b, others. So it might be useful to
read up on it just in case a source dvd does not behave like
it should.  Also you might want to read up on Usenet, and
the various means other Usenet uses besides text groups.

Gnu_Raiz