Re: /var/www/ and the user ho like to edit web pages

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 06:24:45PM +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> webeditor has ~/public_html/ directory.
> Is it the better way that that user "webeditor" to edit his web pages in
> this directory and somehow set up apache so we can see his homepage
> from there?

What I did for community.iconsf.org was add this to /etc/apache/httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName community.iconsf.org
DocumentRoot /home/name-of-user/public_html
</VirtualHost>

(There's no content there yet, but the Apache configuration works.)

In general, the DocumentRoot statement might be the solution to your
problem.
--
Carl Fink           postmaster@iconsf.org
I-Con System Administrator and Postmaster