Re: drm and radeon module load problems

hi,

What does dmesg say about agp?
actually, nothing... it's weird, because agpgart should be compiled into the kernel

In my AMD64 the AGP comes from:
Device Drivers --->
  Character devices --->
    /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
      AMD Opteron/Athlon64 on-CPU GART support

If I have
Processor type and features --->
  IOMMU support
selected, then the /dev/agpgart is automatically selected, and I don't
have the 'AMD Opteron/Athlon64 on-CPU GART support' available.
thanks for information. you're right, with IOMMU support disabled i can see both /dev/agpgart switch and amd 64bit on-cpu gart support. when iommu is enabled, both of these switches seem to be activated by default and they cannot be changed in the x/menuconfig. do you think it is ok?

Did you mention which chipset you have, maybe I missed it. Anyway I
don't think that a VIA chipset wouldn't be supported. Even my K8T800Pro
worked with 2.6.12 and lspci lists it in 2.6.14.
i have via k8t890. i just realized that the kernel recognizes many features that the last one missed... regarding the agp, it worked fine with 2.6.11...

You can always try the 'agp_try_unsupported=1' option (if you use agp as
a module). If the agp is in the kernel, give that as a kernel parameter.
you mean to give agp_try_unsupported during boot? what should it do?

Once again, check what dmesg says about agp.
nothing :(

I don't know what might have changed between 2.6.11 and 2.6.12
concerning the agp, sorry :(
bad to know :( fortunately the card driver runs ok without the kernel module... but no hw acceleration here :( and newer version of ati driver (8.14.13) is not usable - it crashes XFree when i move the mouse :( weird...

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"