Re: emacs settings in sid gnome 2-10

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 04:05:40PM +0100, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > I recently moved from sarge to sid, and emacs is giving me some trouble.
> > I had two lines in .emacs
> >
> > ;;(set-background-color "black")
> > ;;(set-foreground-color "white")
> >
> > which I commented after getting
> > user@site:~$ emacs
> > Undefined color: "black"
> > user@site:~$
>
> Not sure if this is any help, but Google finds some threads:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2004-11/msg00074.html
> and
>
> It seems to be a problem with "RgbPath" in XF86Config/xorg.conf

The thread in the gnu.org list seems the most promising. The thread in
the debian list seemed to die without published solution. I decided to
investigate further my case following the gnu.org list, and here is what
I found:

user@site:~$ locate rgb.txt
/etc/xplanet/rgb.txt
/usr/share/doc/libgd-graph-perl/examples/samples/rgb.txt.gz
/usr/share/emacs/21.4/etc/rgb.txt
/usr/share/xplanet/rgb.txt
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt

Now,

user@site:~$ ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 16 2005-11-01 20:11 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
-> /etc/X11/rgb.txt

(a symlink)

and

user@site:~$ ls /etc/X11/rgb.txt
ls: /etc/X11/rgb.txt: No such file or directory

(that points nowhere)

Besides, my xorg.conf has no reference to that file

user@site:~$ ls /etc/X11/xorg.conf
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
user@site:~$ grep rgb /etc/X11/xorg.conf
user@site:~$

Can someone with working emacs check and see if they have this file
in their systems (sid)? Any other ideas?

Thank you all