Re: A page that causes Firefox (Sarge) to close

Kent West wrote:
James Foster wrote:

I'm using the latest mozilla-firefox (1.0.4-2sarge5) on Debian Sarge,
and whenever I attempt to visit a particular page, I'm finding that it
closes immediately. Can someone please confirm this behaviour?

The page is: http://www.movieweb.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D6036&e=9797

Copying & pasting the source of that page into the W3C validator results in 188 violations of HTML 4.0 Transitional coding.

I suspect that if web sites would just LEARN TO CODE TO STANDARDS!! (sorry, lost my head there for a moment), we would see a lot fewer issues with non-IE browsers.

Does not crash mozilla 1.8a4.
Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear. When I see "can't view such and such a page" I am tempted to try. It's a macho thing.

Aside from that, how does one code to non-standards? You are taught non-standards? You copy from non-standards? You use tools that use non-standards?