Re: about properties

Nevruz Mesut Sahin wrote:

> I bougth new computer which Linux is installed on it. how can I see
> the hardware properties of the computer by terminal  comands

Here are a few commands that come to mind:

cat /proc/cpuinfo   -- displays info about your processor
df -h   -- displays disk usage information
lspci   -- displays all devices connected to your PCI bus
fdisk -l  -- displays all disks/partitions that your computer knows about
free -m  -- displays memory usage

What am I forgetting?

--

Mitch Wiedemann
Webmaster - Ithaca Free Software Association