Re: Stock vs. Debian kernel sources

On 17:18 Mon 31 Oct     , John O'Hagan wrote:
> Antony Gelberg wrote:
> >John O'Hagan wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm looking for a brief summary of the differences between Debian kernel
> >>sources (such as those provided by the linux-source-2.6* packages), and the
> >>stock source from kernel.org.

If you apt-get install linux-patch-debian-2.6.14, this contains the
Debian patches  (in /usr/src/kernel-patches) that are applied to Debian
linux-source-2.6.14.orig.tar.gz.

"This package includes the patches used to produce the prepackaged
linux-source-2.6.14 package, as well as architecture-specific patches.
Note that these patches do NOT apply against a pristine Linux 2.6.14
kernel but only against the kernel tarball
linux-source-2.6.14_2.6.14.orig.tar.gz from the Debian archive".