Best way to restrict users to "one" application

Hi!

Under Windows NT it using the policy editor it was very easy to
effectively restrict users to certain applications, for instance just
a web browser.

To be more concrete: I would like to have a user which can only login
into a graphical desktop and there only can start a web browser
(firefox) and print from it.

What would be the best/easiest way to do this under Debian? Could you
provide me a pointer to some documentation (some kind of HOWTO) where
the procedure you recommend is explained with some detail?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Andreas Goesele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.