Re: mouse button bounce

On Sunday 30 October 2005 09:17, Neil Dugan wrote:
>I have a problem with a mouse button, sometimes when activated it
>bounces and that acts like I hit the button twice.

This can be a symptom of poor assembly in the mouse.  I have seen in
past years, mice which gave an apparent dbl-click because the switch
being pressed was not mounted solidly against the circuit board in the
mouse, so that when it was pressed, a click was registered as the
switch closed, but as the button went all the way down, it would force
the switch to go down against the circuit board, and in so doing, break
the solder joint on the bottom of the board, simulating the button's
release.  Then, when the button was released, it made contact again as
it rose, and then the switch finally unclicked, giving the second click
as far as the software was concerned.

Somone who knows how to solder and has the gear and solder can fix this
in 5 minutes or so.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)