From: Meni Shapiro [mailto:meni.shapiro@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 3:07 AM
To: Rabbie Zalaf
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: bind9 in debian vserver wont start

On 10/27/05, Rabbie Zalaf <rabsmobile@commoncents.net.au> wrote:

Hey all,

I have read a few things on the net about setting up bind9 in a vserver but I just cant get it to work.

vserver as in virtual server?
Can you bind port 53 for your copy of bind9???
check if you can configure your bind9 to bind to another port, maybe that will do...

more details next time will get you better/more focused answers.

Meni

Can anyone help me get it running. When I do an:

apt-get install bind9 bind9-host

it works all ok but  when I try to start bind9 I get the following error:

Starting domain name service: namednamed: capset failed: Operation not permitted

named: capset failed: Operation not permitted

Thanks in advance.

--
Rabbie Zalaf
PC / Network Consultant