Re: xine in textmode

amalgam.swhe wrote:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 05:00:22PM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

Is there a textmode interface to xine, like with a ncurses interface?
To play mp3 streams: no video needed. It does it well in X, but I prefer

  i've no idea with xine,:(
  if u just want to play mp3 streams,why not try mpg321?
  it works well in textmode. Or u can try mplayer, it is really good in
  textmode. :)

As usual I did not explain well.

I want to play while I record the mp3 audio stream.

So mplayer records it.

Then I play it with 'play' in textmode. Works well.

But sometimes play complains and stops. Then I have to start the whole stream all over again if I use play, not knowing where the fastforward is.

But with xine I get a stream positioner, but no textmode.

mpg321 does not seem to have a stream positioner either.

I tried mplayer before and got problems, I can try again.

Thanks for the reply.