Re: Adding new hardware after installation

On 10/28/05, Gary <deb@garydjones.mailshell.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what the best way to handle this is. I need to add a network card to a PC with recently installed Debian ("Sarge"). What's the best way to do it? I don't really want to sit in front of the thing again feeding it CDs, so if I could avoid doing a complete install that would be nice.

On the hardware side of things, just add the network card. If it's
supported, hotplug should load the drivers automatically at boot time.
Then to configure it just edit /etc/network/interfaces in any text
editor. For information on the format, run man 7 interfaces