Re: OOo 2.0 compatibilty w/OOo 1.x

Steve Lamb wrote:
>     I know it probably goes without saying but OOo 2.0 will be compatible with
> the 1.x saved files; and not in the way Micro$oft Word sense of compatible.  I
> just started a project in OOo 1.13 and am mildly concerned about switching
> over when OOo 2.0 hits unstable/testing.

It had hit unstable yesterday already! I upgraded today and it installed
around 52 packages for the 2.0 after removing the older version(1.1.4-6).

And about backwards compatibility, I found this link
http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?action=view&id=420&topic=Linux which
says:
"OpenOffice.org 2.0 includes an automated document converter which eases
the document format transition by providing a tool to convert the
content of entire directory structures from the old OpenOffice.org and
proprietary Microsoft Office file formats to the new OpenDocument open
standard. For users of earlier versions of OpenOffice.org, version 1.1.5
will provide compatibility with the OpenDocument file format for those
unable or unwilling to update to version 2.0."

But before doing anything with your 1.x project I would advise that a
backup should be in order!

HTH
/KS