Re: Installation problem on ACER Travelmate 8104WLMi

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 19:08 +0200, mirmasa wrote:
> HI.
>
> I can't install debian sarge with kernel 2.6 on my laptop.
>
> For solving preliminary problem during kernel loading I disabled acpi:
>
> linux26 acpi=off
>
> even if with this option the kernel loads and I'm able to configure the
> network, the installer does not recognize my hard disk and so I can't
> continue installation

your hard disk could be sata.

you could see if there if ide emulation works, try using the 2.4 kernel
or checking your bios.

otherwise switch to a different virtual console and try loading some
modules that may recognize the hardware.

-matt zagrabelny