Re: Can't net to router or beyond

Matt Zagrabelny wrote:

>what kernel is the other box that can "see" the outside world running?

westk[@westk03]:/home/westk> uname -a
Linux westk03 2.6.11-1-k7 #1 Mon Jun 20 21:26:23 MDT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

>also is ipv6 tromping on anything?

I don't know. I googled for how to disable ipv6, and accordingly, on the
box that can't see beyond the router, changed /etc/modprobe.d/aliases:

#alias net-pf-10 ipv6
alias net-pf-10 off

Even after a reboot this made no difference in the behaviour.

>have you thought about rolling your own kernel?

Yes. But stock kernels usually work fine for me, and I'm surprised this
one doesn't. In the meanwhile, I've rebuilt the box to rearrange
partitions, and in the process have made it possible for me to drop back
to a 2.4 kernel which is working.

>what is the output of lsmod?

Can't get to that machine at the moment (must not have enabled ssh
incoming yet). I'll post it later.

--
Kent