Re: ConsoleOne Install???

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:49:57AM -0400, disciple@exis.net wrote:

> 3. I then ran tar zxvf c1_136e-linux.tar.gz
> *This created a folder in my user's home dir called Linux.  Inside of this
> dir is a bunch of files with the .rpm extenstion.  There is also a file
> called c1-install.  Per Novell's directions, I should be able to run this
> to begin the installation.  When I try to run this, I get an error:
>
> bash: c1-install: command not found

Your current directory isn't in your PATH.  Try "./c1-install".  But it will
fail.

To install RPMs you need to use the alien package. Since Novell didn't write
their installer to work with deb archives, the script will almost certainly
not work on a Debian box.  You might be able to install the RPMs manually
with "alien -i".  Or not.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.