setting quota for directory

Hi,

is there any way to set disk quotas (per group or per user) for a
directory rather than for a whole ext3 filesystem?

The problem I´m trying to solve is limiting the amount of data that
users can keep in a shared directory which is on a file system with
other directories on it for which quotas should not be set (for now). If
I set up quotas, I would set limits for the whole FS instead of limiting
the directory. The directories are accessed via SAMBA. Even Novell 3.2
can have quotas based on directories ...

GH