Re: udevd: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:

> On Oct 26, Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know what this message is all about? This began to appear after a
> > recent upgrade whenever I mount a USB drive.
> >
> >   Oct 25 16:34:21 olgas udevd[1109]: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found, skip event 'mount'
>
> Kernel brokeness? Is some other user space application sending
> bogus events to the netlink socket (is this even possible?)?
> Which kernel version are you using?
> I have never seen anything like this, nor I have ever heard of "mount"
> hotplug events. But if udev gets broken messages there is nothing it can
> do about it.

I'm running etch (with a handful of sid), the linux-image-2.6.12-1-686
package, version 2.6.12-10. Unfortunately, I don't grok what you're
saying above. Here is more context. Mount is 2.12p-8.

  [wohler@olgas:518]$ mount /media/usb0
  [wohler@olgas:520]$ tail -4 $syslog
  Oct 25 17:22:51 olgas kernel: kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
  Oct 25 17:22:51 olgas kernel: EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
  Oct 25 17:22:51 olgas kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
  Oct 25 17:22:51 olgas udevd[1109]: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found, skip event 'mount'

If this is bug, in which package would you recommend that I report it?
Let me know if there is anything more I can do to help with debugging.