Re: How to make a rescue disk ?

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:14:01 +0000
Bruno Costacurta <cd1@biz.tiscali.be> wrote:

> > > I'm looking for procedure / howto about creating rescue CD disk.
<SNIP>
> Thanks Alvin for all these details.
> I decided to 'keep it simple' and will try a Knoppix.
> Bye,
> Bruno

If I may be so bold you may want to try a bootable disk specially
designed for recovery, even if it is not Debian based.

My all time favorite is LNX-BBC (http://www.lnx-bbc.org/) because it
fits on a small CD that is easy to carry around.

However, recently I have been using the System Rescue CD
(http://www.sysresccd.org/). It has many more tools than Knoppix
or LNX-BBC, including backup utilities and a bootable FreeDOS option. It
is a very handy tool for recovering all types of x86 operating systems.

Good Luck,
--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com