Re: OOo2.0 space concern

Mark Grieveson wrote:

300 MB of space would have been fine. However, before the install, I had over 10 (ten) GBs of space left on my 40 GB drive. Afterward, I was down to 1 (one) GB left; so, something went wrong somewhere. Is there a way to list files by filesize? A program, or command similar to "ls" that lists files, but sorts them in order of filesize? This way I could attempt to track what is causing this excessive usage of space. I believe the actual working install of OpenOffice.org is not, in and of itself, the culprit (I'm guessing that uninstalling it via synaptic would only free up a bit over 200 MB -- I'm basing this guess upon viewing the listed created debs in synaptic, and marking them for removal to see what synaptic would report). As always, all suggestion/comments appreciated.
--Mark

To sort files in the order of the size use
du --max-depth=1 -m / | sort -g

replace / with the corresponding directory. More information can be found in 'man du', 'man sort'

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/