Re: A simple MTA?

On 10/24/05, Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 05:41:25PM +0300, Teemu Ikonen wrote:
> > 4. No local delivery of mail (mail sent to local accounts is either
> >    discarded, or sent to the users external address found from a mail
> > alias file)
>
> Not sure I understand this one. I'd quite like mail-generating programs,
> such as debconf, fetchmail, cron, etc., to reach my local user account.

Me too, it's just that when the number of computers you are
maintaining grows above 2, then reading mail from different addresses
becomes tedious. Therefore I'd like to have a configuration in which
I'm sure there's no mail for local accounts. For boxes off the network
or otherwise completely broken I had this requirement (which I now
realize is not so optional after all, unless the mail waiting in the
out-queue can be read easily):

5. The mail to UIDs under 1000 (i.e. root) is also appended to a flat file
  in /var/log or similar

Teemu