Re: Freeze after insert of pcmcia card

Hi,

This is an old thread (August 20 2004!), but I thought It could be useful to
share the solution I've found for the "freezing" problem upon insterting, in
my case, a Netgear MA401RA pcmcia card in a Sony Vaio PCG-K13 with Debian Sid
& standard kernel 2.6.12.

The solution that works in my case is quite simple (but it took me a while to
find it!):  I just had to comment out (remove the #) the line "exlude IRQ3"
at the end the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file, and then reboot.

It seems that there is an IRQ conflict if the MA401RA is set to use IRQ3.

Hope it will help someone

Marco

--
Marco Laverdière