Re: Problems using hal, pmount and gvm

Hi Christian,

Did you solve this problem? I see no followups on debian-user...

I have it working on my unstable system here. The key points are:

You need HAL, pmount, gnome-volume-manager installed.

You do not need to configure anything. It should work 'out-of-the-box' on recent kernel versions.

You don't want HAL or pmount to 'automount' anything. Rather, gnome-volume-manager does the automounting, it uses pmount to do the mounting, and gets information about the drives from HAL.

Jules