Re: Ready to join the club..

Greg wrote:

I'm a noob to Debian but I'm ready to install Debian to my current
machine.  (PIII, 512MB Ram, 2 HDs; 60 MB - main and 80 MB secondary).
The first HD contains WinME (don't laugh) and the second will contain
Debian in one partition and Windows files (mp3s, JPEGs) in the other.
I've already partitioned the second HD and burned the installation
image files onto CDs.  My question is this, I want to use a boot loader
that will load either WinME or Debian.  Grub seems like the default
boot loader per the installation docs I've read.  During installation,
will Grub be smart enough to see WinMe on the other drive and will
itput the boot loader file on the main drive, the one that holds WinME?

I've sorted for this topic what wasn't able to find information on my
setup.
It should work fine. every time i installed debian it found my winodws (xp) install and at least some of the other linux installations without problems. I have never expierienced data loss when installing debian. my windoze uses fat32, as WinMe does. in case it doesn't auto-detect, you can always add winme to grub. or you can use the windows boot loader to boot debian (at least with win2000 and winXP ) ( tricky )