Re: secure apt

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 13:19 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 07:16:08AM -0500, Eric wrote:
> > I recently upgraded testing and receive the new apt (version 0.6.41).
> > I have not been able to get it to stop nagging.
>
> > "apt-key add /usr/share/apt/debian-archive.gpg"
> > but that returns
> > "gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
> > OK"
>
> > "apt-key update" returns
> > "ERROR: Can't find the archive-keyring
> > Is the debian-keyring package installed?"
>
> > I have debian-keyring installed.
>
> > Also, should the "-y" switch in aptitude skip past the security nag?

Eric - I can add the key using the apt-key command, and I get OK, and no
error message about no trusted keys found.  I can't run apt-key update
successfully, I get the same error message as you do.  apt-key list does
list keys though.

> Please direct questions of this sort to debian-user; debian-testing is not
> intended to be a general support forum for testing.
>
> Thanks,

Actually, I think it's quite reasonable to post the query here, since
it's a version of apt available from testing.  And this is
debian-testing.  I do have to say that I find the debian mailing lists
the most short, and inflexible mailing lists I've ever subscribed to.
It's no wonder Debian is losing users to Ubuntu etc, you might want to
compare the Ubuntu lists to the Debian mailing lists.

Dave

PS No, I don't use Ubuntu, I don't even like Ubuntu.