Re: OpenOffice.org 2.0

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 23:30 +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 01:31:03PM -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > > Is openoffice 2 considered to be a different package from openofice 1.14?
> > > Or is it a newer version of the same package?
> > >
> > > -- hendrik
> >
> > It is quite different.    OOo 2.0 is version 2.0, which is the latest.  1.1.4
> > has been out for six months or more.
> >
> > Hal
>
> I think the question meant ``is openoffice 2 different from OO1, or do
> the packages become separate entities, like gcc-3.3, gcc-3.4
> etc.''. If that is the question, I have just apt-got the OO2 debs from
> http://people.debian.org/~rene/openoffice.org/2.x/ and they *replace*
> OO1:

The experimental OOo2 conflicts with/replaces OOo1 if you have
installed the thesaurus.  Otherwise, the 2 can coexist.

Once OOo2 moves to Sid, OOo2 will become OOo and thus replace the
1.1 branch.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Pacifism can act more effectively against democracy than for
it."
George Orwell, 1941