Loosing mouse when screen is locked

Hi,

I run a Debian 3.1 (Sarge) on a Dell latitude D810. Everything went fine when I installed it. But I upgraded to kernel 2.6.11.10 for some reasons. Then, in the evening when I lock my screen using 'xlock', when I come back the morning after, I have no mouse pointer anymore and I cannot switch between windows whereas I can change desktop using keyboard shortcuts. I am running gdm (Gnome 2.8.3).

Is there somebody having a hint?

Thanks

Emmanuel
begin:vcard
fn:Emmanuel Quevillon
n:Quevillon;Emmanuel
org:INRA;URGI
adr:;;523 place des terrasses;Evry;;91000;France
email;internet:equevill@infobiogen.fr
tel;work:+33 1 60 87 37 22
tel;fax:+33 1 60 87 37  99
tel;cell:+33 6 03 44 32 86