Re: sound card config?

As it is late and no store are open, you might as well try again.  You don't have to reboot after you do alsaconf.  Try alsaconf. Check alsamixer or kmix.  you should also try lsmod.  look for modules starting with snd and/or emu.  more info can be found at http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix