Re: help please

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 20:55 -0700, Ryan Thompson wrote:
> i want to get debian but i need to know,
> does it have a media player

There are many media players.
I prefer mplayer. Mplayer is not in the main tree for political reasons
but if you google for mplayer on debian you can get instructions on
howto get it.

> and will my wireless internet cable connection work
> off of it?

Probably. It depends on what type of wireless connection you have. What
kind of modem. If your internet comes to you down a ethernet cable, you
probably won't have problems. If it's through a pcmcia card, you can
google for linux and the card to see if anybody has had success with it.
If it's down a usb cable your in a problem territory. Most ofter your
only going to be able to use that device if someone has taken the time
to write drivers for linux. Again, google for linux and the usb device
for more info.

"wireless internet connection" can mean many things. Can you specify?

> plz respond asap plz
>
> remember Jesus loves you

oh my. Please, not in this forum.

> much thx,