Re: Document management system

> I al searching for a document management system or whatever it is
> where i can
>
> - add files (off course)
> - add files by more then just one
> - indexing and searching on content of the files
> - make statistics that i can export to excel (statistics when i do a
> search)
>
> Anyone knows such a linux software package ?

Check out DoXFS:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14323&group_id=66432

It's an actual file system that places all the metadata associated with
a document in extended attributes instead of a database, making for a
more reliable system and easier backups.

>From what I read, it's essentially 3 parts:
The Server module provides the logic for managing the content files,
their meta-data, the full-text indexes and security. The Client module
provides the API to interact with the DoXFS Server and the Web Interface
module provides a GUI interface to the DoXFS repository.

I'm not sure if it's a complete system, or if it's more of a backend
that you will need to develop/locate tools to utilize... but looks like
its worth your time to read up on!

Joe