Re: changing default resolution

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:44:56 +0000
Bob Hynes <rhynes1@comcast.net> wrote:

> OK, so I'm a newby and I admit it. I have Debian installed with both
> KDE and GNOME running. The default resolution is 832X624 with 24
> depth. Is there any way to change this?? I would like to get 1024X768.
> I know my monitor is capable of this because it used to run Windows at
> this resolution...maybe 16bit, I'm not sure.
>
> Is there any way to change the resolution on the fly, or am I just
> dreaming? Any help would be cool!
>
> Thanks
> Bob

You'll get more detailed and involved replies, but before editing
anything or installing anything, just try <Ctrl><alt> and the <+> or <->
numberpad key.  If you are already configured for multiple resolutions
that should cycle them.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.