OT: Disc failures

Alvin Oga wrote:

From a bogus e-mail address...

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Mike McCarty wrote:

You can buy a new bare Seagate (I've only had good experiences with
them) 40GB drive for $50 USD or so here in the Dallas, Texas area.

$$ gets my interest when its 25% ( 160GB for $40 or so )

I have no referent for this.

- since these "rebates" are at fries ..

	- anybody can get it ..
	- i'm not sure if their website ( outpost ) provides rebates

	- use "fries" disk for yoru own use, it's gonna die sooner
	than you expect ( too many gorrilla's in the food chain,
	literally and figuratively, fries was a grocery store before
	daddy retired and gave the kids a store to play with )

I don't recall saying anything about Fries' discs.
I don't recall saying anything about rebates.
I do recommend Seagate.
I have purchased new bare Seagate 40GB drives for $50 USD.

<side flame>

[flames not quoted or responded to]

</side flame>

How much is your time worth? How much is your data worth?

$ 5.oo/minute (prepaid) gets my attention :-)

Are you claiming that you contract and get paid $300 USD per hour?
Actually, come to think of it, I wasn't asking *you*.

data is priceless, that mastercard can't cover either

My data are certainly very valuable to me.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.